Back to News
Flu Vaccinations now available at the Alton Practice
Posted on 9 Sep 2019
The 2019/2020 Flu season is has now started and the Alton Practice is pleased to advise that we now have flu vaccinations available for eligible adult patients.
You are eligible for a flu vaccination if you:
- are 65 years old or over
- between 18 and 64 with a medical condition that puts you at risk (see below)
- are pregnant
- have certain medical conditions such as COPD, Chronic Heart Disease, Diabetes or have had a TIA or Stroke
- are living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility
- receive a carer's allowance, or you are the main Carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
Parents of at risk children will also be contacted in order to offer the flu vaccination. The flu vaccine for at risk children will be available from late September dependant on suppliers.
Eligible patients will be contacted by phone, text or letter. In order to book your appointment, please use one of the simple options below:
- Go online via the NHS App to book at your convenience (you must register with the practice first. The app also allows you to order prescriptions and check blood results so now is a great time to sign up)
- Come into the surgery and book in with the reception team
- Call the surgery after 11am as phone lines are likely to be extremely busy before then
If you would rather not have the vaccination, please inform a member of the reception team who will note your wishes on your record accordingly.
If you are in any doubt about whether or not you are eligible, please ask to speak to our Health Care Assistant, who will be able to advise you.
We look forward to welcoming you to the surgery for your flu jab. Please keep checking the website regularly for updates!